Skip to content
- Establish a console connection to the switch.
- Disconnect the power to the switch.
- Reconnect the power to the switch, and press CTRL-U during boot up.
- At this point you should receive a password prompt. The password should be mercury. Note, there is a delayed response from the console.
- You should now see a list of config and operation files. Look for the config file that has a 1 next to it in the S/UP field – this will be the config file that is loading with the bad/unknown password. Press “D” to delete a file, type the name of the file, it is case sensitive, so type the filename as it is displayed. The deletion can takes about 30 seconds to complete.
- Press “Q” to quit, if no startup file is set it will default back to the factory default configuration.
- If it worked, the login will be back to Username: admin and Password: admin, as the default login.